The error message A16 - Invalid National Code for the market (...) means that the National Code has been not included in the request.
The National Code must be entered for the following countries that require and have specifically requested, that the EMVS is used to look up the National Code.
- Austria (add the PZN for all product types i.e. Multi-Market and Single Market)
- Germany (add the PZN for all product types i.e. Multi-Market and Single Market)
- Spain (all product types) (format: 6 digits + 1 check digit without separator, example: 6068946)
- UK (AMPP required for all product types)
- Portugal (all product types) (format: 7 digits, all numeric)
The list has initially been derived from the “Efpia Coding Requirement Tracker” and NMVOs should send a request to EMVO to be added to the list in this appendix if they want to national code to be entered.
For other countries it is recommended to enter the National Code when it exists, however, the decision rests with the OBP.
Feel free to include the National Code on your request file, and please let us know by email as soon as you have further questions or comments!
For further clarification on this article please feel free to contact the EMVO Service Desk at email@example.com